Monday, December 5, 2011

Trap Mouth Heathens

I often say that my kids make me old, which isn't all totally fair. All-in-all, they are really good kids. However, my oldest now looks me eye to eye and often smiles at me when I'm fussing. Last Thursday night I was helping one of the kids w/a project due the next day, looking at some things on the computer. Then, he got up and walked to the front door, announcing he was going outside to ride his bike. When I asked about his project, his reply was, "Can't you just finish it up?" I think my head spun around like the Exorcist movie! That set the tone for the night. THEN, tonight my oldest announced that he has a project due tomorrow and handed me a research sheet to fill in while he finished up his math. What the heck?!? I took a deep breath, helped him out and then as I was deep in research mode, I noticed bedtime was approaching & dinner was made, but not eaten yet. I got up and started getting a little fussy, ok, ALOT fussy. My oldest stood up, looked me dead in the eye and said, "Will you please just go take your Ambien?" We all just laughed. Back in the day, when we talked like that to our parents/grandparents/elders, etc., my Grandmama would've called us Trap Mouth Heathens. I could almost hear her screaming it from Heaven. Thanks for the laugh, Grandmama.

1 comment:

  1. I remember having my mouth washed out with soap when I was growing up. Was not very tasty. It's funny how kids are now-a-days. The things we accept as parents are completely different from when we were growing up. ~ Becky Padgett ~

    ReplyDelete