Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Praise Report AND Love Is In The Details

Yesterday I had my 3 month visit for scans and treatment in Charlotte. I always get a little stressed before these visits, but my husband has always said the same thing...things have looked great for you every time you've gone for 2 years now. No reason to believe anything will be different. You are fine. I wasn't expecting him to say these words this time because we are separated and I never know what mood he will be in. It was just as comforting as always. My friend and I left for Charlotte on Monday night and endured the ALL DAY shuffle from office, lab, office, etc. and then the several hour wait while I received my infusion.
I received the good report that I wanted. God continues to reveal Himself to me in amazing ways. My scans looked great and I continue to have no side effects from the drug that I am receiving. God is Good! All the time!
As we were on our way home, I called to check on my children. They told me they were eating out at one of my favorite restaurants with their Dad. They were glad to hear my good report. Once we were almost home I received a phone call from my husband. He wanted to know if I'd like for him and the kids to bring me something to eat. I said yes and they pulled up in the driveway at the same time I did. Please mind you, my hubby and I are separated and it is EXTREMELY difficult for me. Treatment days are difficult for me as well (weak from blood drawn and exhausted from travel and sitting all day). I approach somewhat guarded because I don't want to be hurt and I don't want to give myself false hope. He has not yet expressed a desire to change his life and return home. I pray everyday for hubby's awakening and look forward to the day that we share our lives together again and develop an overwhelming passion to serve Christ as an entire family. I shared some hugs and then it was time for them to leave, as there was homework to still be done and I also had to get to the pharmacy to have some meds filled. It was a bittersweet moment...hubby and I shared a hug (which always makes me happy), I shared hugs with the kids, and then I realized I would be returning from CVS to an empty home while the kids were with their Dad for the night.
I asked God to reveal His blessings to me and give me a sign that He is working on hubby. When I returned home from CVS I decided to heat up the leftovers and call it an early night. Then I noticed something small, but to me in that moment it was an amazing thing. Hubby had the leftovers all separated on the counter. The meat, rice and veggies were all in their own containers. For me, as a person with strange OCD food issues, this is a dream. He could've just dumped all the leftovers into one big box, all jumbled together and left it to me to sort it when I was ready to eat, but he thought of me. I decided to text him and let him know that it may not have seemed it to him, but to me it was a gesture of love and I appreciated it whole heartedly. He said that he knew how I liked things. I'm trying hard not to read something into it. However, I did take it as a sign from God that He is working, even in the small areas that I normally would have overlooked. Some of my friends will fuss and tell me I'm crazy because I texted a thank you, but I felt it was necessary. Love is in the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment