Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ambien

Sweet God this drug delivers just as it says it does. My thyroid was off at my doctor visit yesterday & my doctor said that is the reason that it's been so hard for me to get good rest. I got a Rx for Synthroid, which I will begin taking immediately. I also received a Rx for Ambien to take for a month while my thyroid gets under control. The Ambien is designed to help me fall asleep quickly.

Last night the kids were staying w/their Dad & I didn't have to wake up early to get them to school. So, I decided it was the best time to try the Ambien to see how my body reacted to it. I was in the bathtub when I realized I had forgotten to take it. I thought I'd take it, get my bath, & then read or watch a Christmas movie on TV while waiting for it to kick in & lull me to sleep. So, I got out of the tub & dripped my way into the kitchen & took a whole 10mg Ambien, washed down w/a swig of Diet Coke. Then I got back into the tub. That's it...all I remember...end of story!

I woke up 2 hours later, still in the tub!, puckered toes & all. Without knowing, I had washed my hair & even shaved my legs. Not bad. Still feeling more than half asleep, I got my jammies on, fed my doggies & let them out to potty, brushed my teeth & crawled into bed AND TEXTED A FRIEND! I don't even remember texting. Apparently it was to say Thanks for the talk we had that day, I was trying out my new medicine, & going to bed. When I woke up this morning, refreshed & renewed (not groggy at all), I had trouble trying to recall the events after climbing into the tub.

There were windows of time I could remember, but not alot. I remember getting into the tub & waking up in the tub. That's all. I thanked God that I didn't drown in the tub & that I let my dogs back inside, so they didn't run away, & then with a little laugh, I thanked God for waking me up. My Mama called to see if I wanted to do lunch. Then I looked at my cell phone & saw the texts to my friend. They weren't even words! Hahahaha.

Tonight I have the kids & will be taking the Ambien again, but here's what's different...
- I will make sure everyone is asleep, dogs let out & fed, & doors locked
- I will put the TV on a timer
- I will make sure I'm bathed & in bed ready for sleep AND THEN
- I will take 1/2 of an Ambien pill.

That label wasn't lying when it said it's a fast-acting drug. Whew. Thank you God for mercy. I love it when God lets us know He has a sense of humor. I'm sure he got a good laugh out of me lastnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment