Wednesday, December 14, 2011

God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! Ephesians 3:20 (MSG)

This week I have found myself limiting God. While getting the house ready for the holidays and buying family Christmas presents, I have really been missing my husband this week (not the way he is, but the husband he is going to be). How have I been limiting God? I've been praying, asking God to fix my marriage, but then I've been adding in ways that I think He could do it, or giving Him some ideas. Sounds SO silly doesn't it!? God can build a universe, bring people back from the dead, and even cure cancer....but I have some suggestions for him regarding how He could reach my husband a little better. Afterall, I've been w/my husband for 20 years and I should know, right? WRONG! When I write it down or say it out loud it sounds so silly.
Ephesians 3:20 says that my God can do anything far more than I can imagine or request beyond my wildest dreams. So why am I trying to help Him fix my situation when he can do for me beyond my wildest dreams!? Who do I think I am?
Right now I'm laying it all down and giving it to God. He can deal w/my situation however He wants to. I'm sure it will be done in a way that I could never imagine. Even though I want it done yesterday, I am looking forward to sitting back and watching God work it out for us His way!

No comments:

Post a Comment